Cats are just some of the most adoptable pets. If this is your first time to have a cat in your life, it can be intimidating. Don’t worry, you are not alone. There are plenty of people out there who wanted to have a pet cat but are afraid of starting the process of getting one. Once you are decided that a cat is what you need to keep your company, then you should know the basic things that you need to have to provide them a comfortable and happy home.
Basic Supplies Every New Cat Owner Should Have
As a new cat owner, there are some basic needs that you need to prepare before bringing the cat home. There’s no need for you to go to a pet store. With the help of the internet, there are now plenty of pet supplies in Australia where you can find everything that you need. So here are the basics supplies when you are living with a cat:
- A Place To Sleep. You probably already heard that cats love to sleep. Sure they can lounge anywhere they want, but if you are strict with boundaries, then it is best to have a bed for them to sleep in. When you shop for beddings, you will have plenty of options to choose from. No matter what you pick, just make sure that it is soft and warm.
- Food and Water Bowls. For cats, it is most recommended to have bowls that are made of ceramic or stainless steel. Plastic bowls are the cheapest option, but they can hold odor and it would be difficult to clean.
- Kitty Litter Box. One of the good things about cats is that they can be trained to ‘go’ using their litter box. When looking for a litter box you have three options – self-cleaning, hooded, and box made of plain plastic. Self-cleaning litter boxes are the most popular because cats can be afraid of the hooded ones. The plastic litter boxes, on the other hand, can hold odor which is not hygienic.
- Collar with ID Tag. Cats love the outdoors and they can easily sneak behind your back. There are plenty of stray cats out there that looked like they belong to a family. The only way that a cat can be brought back home is when they have a collar and an ID tag with identification information on them.
- Toys and Scratching Post. For some this is unnecessary, but to prevent your cats from getting bored, then give them playthings that they can enjoy. They want toys! A scratching post is optional but if you have the budget, that would be a great addition to their playpen.
Are You Ready To Bring A Cat Home?
Having a cat is just like having a kid at home. As the owner, you have the biggest responsibility of making sure that your cat is well-taken care of. You should be able to provide a safe, fun, and comfortable home for them. If you have what it takes to be a cat owner, then have all the needed supplies mentioned above ready. Do not forget to check out online pet supply store so that you find only the best for your pet cat.